If you’ve been a Christian for very long, you have probably learned God has commanded you as a parent to teach your kids about Him and what He wants from and for your kids. Churches usually try to help parents by providing regular Bible class opportunities for kids and teens to learn even more about God. Unfortunately, COVID has drastically altered the ability of many congregations to provide their regular Bible classes. Which means if you have been depending solely upon your church to teach your kids about God, your kids have missed as much as 18 months of critical learning opportunities.
You can help compensate for this loss, by becoming more intentional about teaching and training your kids to be who God wants them to be at home. You may be at a loss though, for where to begin. Thankfully, Parenting Like Hannah and Teach One Reach One Ministries have lots of free resources to help! Here’s a partial list to get you started.
- Parenting Like Hannah blog posts. From fun ideas to use to teach your kids important Christian life skills, to tips for solving common parenting problems to family devotionals ideas, you can use the search function on our blog to find what you need, when you need it. We publish at least two new posts each week, so there are always new things to try. Sign up for the newsletter to have new blog posts go straight to your email.
- Parenting Like Hannah Facebook Community. Ask to join our private Facebook community and receive daily Christian parenting challenges five days a week. Make sure to like or comment on posts so Facebook will keep them in your feed.
- Teach One Reach One children’s Bible lessons and activity ideas. With over 200 Bible stories to choose from and Bible, application and service project activity ideas for most lessons, you’ve got plenty to keep your kids engaged when learning about the Bible. The activities were designed for Bible classes, but most can be easily adapted for use by a family.
- Teach One Reach One academic tutoring activities. With our Bible lessons, we’ve also provided ideas for faith based tutoring ministries which you can also use to help your kids learn or practice academic skills while also learning Bible stories. We have activities for ESL (which can be used with any language), beginning and advanced elementary language arts and math, science, health and hygiene and sustenance and survival.
- Teach One Reach One teen devotionals and Living the Christian Life curriculum. We have regular devotionals, plus an entire curriculum designed to teach your kids Christian life skills while they are studying the Bible.
- Printable parenting sheets. These one page tip sheets cover a wide range of popular Christian parenting topics. With tips and scriptures all on one page, they are a great resource for handling common parenting issues.
- Baptism study with leader guide. Is your child asking about becoming a Christian? We have a great free ebook that contains everything you need to study baptism with your child. It’s one of our most popular Christian parenting resources.
To find these resources and more, head to www.parentinglikehannah.com and www.teachonereachone.org. If you can’t find what you need, contact us and let us know. We may know of a place you can find it or it might be the idea for a new resource we create. We want to minister to you as you teach your kids about God. Let us know how we can help.