If you are new to Parenting Like Hannah or haven’t looked around in awhile, you may not realize you now have lots of new free resources to help you on your Christian parenting journey. Parenting Like Hannah is actually a part of a much larger ministry called Teach One Reach One. Teach One Reach One was developed to provide free resources for anyone working with children and teens who wants to help them learn how to become Christians and live a Christian life.
On the Teach One Reach One website you can find:
- Bible lessons: These lessons connect you directly to the NIrV version of the Bible for reading to your children on a level they can understand. Each lesson also contains the main points to teach your children and some interesting cultural or historical facts about the story. We are adding new lessons regularly and hope to have more than two hundred lessons online soon.
- Activity Ideas: Want to reinforce Bible stories with fun activities? Our website has ideas to tie the Bible lessons to activities for Bible and application and a host of academic subjects as well. The activities are designed to be memorable, meaningful and hands-on so your children will receive the maximum impact from their experiences. This is another area where new resources are added regularly, so keep checking back for more ideas.
- Helpful Tips: From the Teaching Tips for Christian Volunteers blog to the various pages for Bloom’s Taxonomy Adapted for the Bible to Asking Better Questions and more, you will find plenty of tips to help you be a better teacher for your children. Remember, even if your children attend public or private school, you are still their primary teacher for the Bible and God’s commands and principles. These tips will help you reach your children more effectively.
- Fun Add-ons: From videos to scripts to recipes, the site will give you lots of additional free resources to use with your kids. These are being added regularly, so keep checking back for new additions. Have an idea you would like us to produce? Make sure and use “contact us” to let us know what you need. We may just add your idea to our to-do list!
- Teen Lessons: Our newest addition is a teen lesson tab. Under it you will find teen lessons on a variety of topics. Although they are designed for use in a classroom or devotional setting, they can work well at home too. Since it is one of our newest categories, there will be many additions to the resources there over the coming weeks and months.
- Baptism Study: Has your child starting asking questions about baptism? Are you unsure about how to study baptism with your children? This baptism study comes with a detailed leader’s guide to help you use the study with children who are ready to make that important decision and with those who aren’t quite ready, but are asking questions.
Want even more encouragement? Check out the Parenting Like Hannah Facebook page for daily parenting challenges, sign up to have the blog posts delivered directly to your mailbox (sing up on the Parenting Like Hannah site), follow @tswinnett on Twitter for a daily Proverb and saying of Jesus to share with your child or follow the Teach One Reach One board or other boards on Pinterest for other ideas you can adapt.
Don’t forget, you can search by topic on the Parenting Like Hannah blog if you need ideas or encouragement for specific topics. Can’t find what you need on either website? Use the “Contact Us” section to let us know what you would like to see on our site. We may just add it to our list of coming features!