In many places, COVID restrictions are starting to ease. Before your options of what to do with your family’s time return to their pre-COVID levels, your family desperately needs to have an important conversation.
Try to find a time and place where everyone can relax. This conversation is so important, you don’t want to rush it in any way. For some families, this conversation may actually be broken into several conversations over the next few weeks.
Here are some of the questions your family needs to ask and answer honestly.
- What was our life like before COVID?
- How did COVID change our lives?
- What did we like better in our COVID world?
- What did we miss the most from our pre-COVID world?
- How did the extra time at home as a family change our relationships with each other?
- What was the best part of spending more time together?
- What was the worst part of spending more time together?
- In what ways did our faith get stronger during quarantine?
- How did we struggle spiritually during COVID?
- If we could keep one thing from our COVID experience and include it in our life going forward, what would it be?
- What was something we used to think was important, but COVID has taught us was more of a time waster or negative influence than we realized?
- What is one activity from our pre-COVID world we could eliminate to give us more family time together?
- What is one thing we can do while we wait for a post COVID world that will help us grow:
- as a family team
- How can we serve others and share our faith right now and moving forward?
Taking the time to have this important conversation can help your family become the Christian family God intended for you to be. It’s definitely worth your time and effort!